TerraTrue takes the repetition and guesswork out of privacy assessments. As you complete the Privacy Worksheet, we will automatically suggest which types of assessments should be completed directly in TerraTrue.
How does TerraTrue determine if a privacy assessment is necessary?
TerraTrue uses the following signals to determine whether an assessment is necessary:
- We automatically trigger LIAs whenever you're relying on legitimate interest as your basis for processing. The Privacy Worksheet helps you document bases for processing and even recommends when a particular basis may or may not be appropriate for different processing activities.
- We automatically trigger DPIAs whenever a launch uses a special category of data or when a combination of factors in the launch would require a DPIA under the Article 29 Working Party's Guidelines on Data Protection Impact Assessments.
- We recommend optional PIAs whenever you use data in a way that carries extra privacy risk but doesn't strictly require a DPIA. You can configure the risk level for different data types and data uses in your org settings.
- If you would like to complete an optional privacy assessment, you can start one by picking a data use and any number of data types under the "Additional Assessments" header and then clicking "Add Assessment." The optional assessment will work like any other — just click "Start Assessment" to begin.
Where do I complete assessments?
As you go through the Privacy Worksheet, you’ll reach an ‘Assessments’ tab:
Here, you’ll see any DPIAs or LIAs TerraTrue suggests you complete. On each assessment recommendation, you’ll see:
- The reason it was triggered
- The option to ‘Skip’ or ‘Start’ the assessment
A three-dot menu button on each assessment, which allows you to edit any assessments you’ve started or Import Responses from a previous assessment.
TerraTrue will prompt you to complete assessments based on the responses recorded in the Data Spec and Privacy Worksheet. However, you can choose to skip these assessments if they are unnecessary. Simply click ‘Skip’, record a skip reason as illustrated below, and click ‘Submit Reason’. You can also upload an attachment or include a link for reference.
Viewing and Exporting Assessments