Completing a Data Spec is the first step in the privacy review process. Data Specs are quick workflows that help you document how a launch collects, uses, retains, and shares personal data.
To start a Data Spec, click the Begin Data Spec button on the launch summary page. From there, you’ll walk through a simple workflow to capture information about how the launch uses personal data. If you have any questions, click the blue “i” icons or reach out to your privacy team.
If you need help completing the Data Spec, you have two options:
- You can leave a comment by clicking the icon and mentioning someone in your org who may be able to help.
- You can skip a question and come back to it later by clicking the icon. The Data Spec won't be marked complete until you've unflagged all of the questions in it.
Data Specs get smarter the more you use them. TerraTrue continually learns how your org uses data and will suggest answers based on prior launches.
If you’re working on a launch that doesn’t need a Data Spec, select the three-dot menu beside the Data Spec and click, "Mark as not required".
Import a Data Spec
If there is an existing launch and data spec that resembles the one you are working on, you can import that data spec into the new launch. This will automatically bring those responses into the new data spec while still allowing you to make adjustments as needed.
To import a data spec:
- Select the three dot menu and choose Import Data Spec:
- Search or browse for the relevant completed data spec:
- Review responses and make updates as needed.
💡 For more information about customizing the Data Spec, see Using the Data Spec Builder